FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD
ANNOUNCE AWARDS SET FOR SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2016
Timeline For Awards Announced
LOS ANGELES, June 23, 2015 – The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE Local 706) Awards honoring outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials and live theater will take place on Saturday, February 20, 2016 it was announced today by IATSE Local 706 President Susan Cabral-Ebert. The location will be confirmed at a later date.
The entry and voting timeline for the 2016 Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards is:
• Submissions Open – Tuesday, October 13, 2015
• Submissions Close – Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5:00PM (PT)
• Voting for Nominations Begins – Monday, December 7, 2015
• Voting for Nominations Close – Monday, January 11, 2016 at 5:00PM (PT)
• Nominations Announced – Wednesday, January 13, 2016
• Final Ballot Voting Begins – Monday, January 18, 2016
• Final Ballot Voting Close – Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 5:00PM (PT)
• Winners Announced at the Local 706 Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards – Saturday, February 20, 2016
*Dates subject to change
Honorees for the Distinguished Artisan Award and the two Lifetime Achievement Awards honoring Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists will be announced in the near future.
ABOUT LOCAL 706:
The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, membership includes over 1,900 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood’s most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the Internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials; “live” network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland theme parks. Local 706 Members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Entertainment Emmys®, Saturn Awards®, BAFTA Awards®, and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry including their own Hollywood Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. For more information, visit local706.org or follow MUAHS on Facebook and Twitter (@Local706).
Jill Carrigan, IngleDodd Media